Datalogic is pleased to announce the new Gryphon™ 4500 Series of WIRELESS2 scanners, the premium level of 2D hand held readers for general purpose applications. Wireless2 means that on top of the wireless communication, this new product line introduces for the first time in the hand held reader market an innovative and contactless ‘wireless charging system’, able to remove the #1 failure cause of all cordless scanners in the field: the contacts!
Based on the inductive charging technology which is already widespread and well known in the consumer market, this contactless system requires no maintenance or cleaning procedures, which means no down time and a lower TCO for our customers. Featuring either Bluetooth® wireless technology (GBT model) or the narrow band radio with Datalogic’s STAR Cordless System™ (GM model), the Gryphon 4500 series of wireless readers provide maximum flexibility for any end user application.
Perceived as one of the most innovative readers since it was launched in 2009, millions of units of Gryphon scanners have been sold throughout the world. These outstanding new Gryphon GM/GBT4500 readers reinforce the concept with the adoption of the inductive charging technology, coupled with outstanding design, user friendly ergonomics, superior scanning performance and a rich feature set, bringing the Datalogic Gryphon 4500 wireless series to the top of 2D hand held scanners for general purpose applications.
Key Features and Benefits
• Wireless battery charging system – no contacts means no need for contact cleaning or maintenance procedures
• Choice of Bluetooth wireless technology v4.0 with BLE or Datalogic’s STAR Cordless System (radio frequencies available in 433 MHz or 910 MHz)
• Adjustable position cradle with scan-while-charging capability allows desk, wall and presentation options
• Powerful long lasting Lithium-Ion battery allows up to 80,000 reads per charge and up to more than 80 hours of continuous operating time
• Smart battery management with different profiles to select the requested performances based on application needs
• Megapixel performance and distinctive white-illumination technology for superior scanning and depth of field
• Ultimate design and user friendly ergonomics
• Dedicated models for Healthcare have been specifically developed with Disinfectant-Ready enclosures treated with anti-microbial additives
• Retail: Point of Sale
• Light Manufacturing
• Access Control, Transportation and Entertainment
• Commercial Services: Postal, Bank, Public Administration, Utilities
• Healthcare: Hospital Bedside Care, Admittance, Clinical Labs
• Pharmacy: Drug verification, Payments