Every aspect of the line matrix printer is designed to deliver higher reliability, faster throughput, and greater resistance to rough handling and hazardous environmental conditions. A smart financial choice, line matrix provides lower cost over the life of the product.
Line Printer benefits include:
- Improved up time
- More reliable forms handling
- Dramatic reduction in repairs and service calls
- Lower cost of consumables and spare parts
- Lower labor costs due to dot matrix printer handling requirements
- In production environments consumable costs dominate the total cost of ownership. As your printing volume increases, line matrix saves you more.
|Product Comparision||6600 Series Printers||Dot Matrix or Serial Matrix Printers|
|Initial acquisition cost||Good||Excellent|
|Single sheet delivery*6600ZT model only||Yes*||Yes|
|Environmental range – proper functioning in hot/cold or humid/dry extremes||Excellent||Good|
|Resistance to contaminants i.e. dust and airborne oil||Excellent||Good|
|Ruggedness – ability to survive abuse||Excellent||Poor|
|Bar code quality||Very Good||Poor|
|Suitability for mission critical applications||Excellent||Good|
A Dot Matrix Printer versus a Line Printer – the true cost analysis
- Line printers provide a substantially lower total cost of ownership versus dot matrix printers.
- Dot matrix printers employ expensive cartridge ribbons and print heads which are consumed in the printing process.
- In production environments consumable costs dominate the total cost of ownership. As your printing volume increases, line matrix’s consumable savings grow dramatically.
- Note that these costs do not even include the lost productivity costs when changing print heads and cartridges or when the printer is down for servicing.
Remote Printer Management Comparisons
|6600 Line Matrix Printers||Dot Matrix, Serial Matrix and Band Printers|
|Printronix printers are managed individually or in groups with PrintNet Suite. PrintNet Suite includes two powerful printer management applications:Web Panel – offers direct connection via any web browser to a single printer in your network.
PrintNet Enterprise – a powerful printer management application for IT Managers. With PrintNet Enterprise you can implement mass changes, maintain total visibility to your printer network, receive error alerts and more. For example, with one action, PrintNet Enterprise can send new software or fonts to all the printers in the operation with no required operator oversight. This flexible design gives IT Managers the ability to manage all or one with a single click.
|Dot matrix printers are managed one printer at a time. For example, to download new software or fonts, the operator must individually load each printer manually, increasing labor costs and printer downtime.|
|Line matrix printers can communicate alerts for any error including a full power loss.||Dot matrix printers cannot communicate alerts if power supply, controller, or connections fail.|